The 2022 SHCA Photography Contest
Calling all photographers!
Signal Hill Community Association is hosting its 3rd Annual Photo Competition
Last year we were very pleased with the variety and quality of the photos!Because of the wonderful young talent in Signal Hill, we will be adding an additional category for individuals 12 and under.
Winners will be announced and highlighted in the April edition of our newsletters and on the SHCA.ca website. A full array of photos will be showcased on the Signal Hill Website, SHCA.ca.
- Photographers must be residents of Signal Hill and the photos must be of people, places, animals or activities taking place in Signal Hill.
- Each photographer can submit a maximum of 3 photos. If more than 3 are submitted, only the first 3 will be chosen, and any additional photos will not be considered. Photographers will not be eligible to win more than one prize.
- All submissions must include the name and contact information of the photographer. All photographs must be originals taken by the person submitting the photo.
- Photos must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in a digital format no larger than 4MB.
- Submission deadline is February 28, 2022.
- If you are submitting an entry for the 12 and under category, please include your age and birthdate on your entry.
By submitting the photo, you will be agreeing to share this photo publicly with the SHCA. Please do not submit a photo that you do not want shared on the SHCA.ca website, on the SHCA Facebook Page, in the Signal Hill View Newsletter or in the SHCA e-newsletter for members. Please sign the 2022 photo competition consent form (link attached to this post) and submit it with your photo entries. 2022 Photo Competition Consent Form
Suggestions for subjects include but are not restricted to the following;
- Seasonal light displays
- Fun activities at the SHCA rink or in the community
- Mountain or City Views
- Wildlife sightings
Please, when taking photos be aware of and respectful of the privacy of others. If you are taking photos of someone, or someone else’s property please gain permission before submitting. SHCA retains the right to reject any photos are felt to be inappropriate in this manner.
Please visit the SHCA.ca website for the judging criteria.
There will be prizes for First, Second and Third and 12 and under prize winners. The prizes will be posted on the SHCA.ca website. Winning photos will be selected by the Board of Directors in March 2021.