Last year we launched our SHCA Photography contest and were thrilled with the wide range of submissions capturing our community with all its richness and beauty.
So, to continue to highlight our community and showcase the photographic talent in our community we are announcing our Second Annual Photo Competition.
Winners will be announced and highlighted in the April edition of our newsletter. A full array of photos will be showcased on the Signal Hill Website, SHCA.ca.
- Photographers must be residents of Signal Hill and the photos must be of people, places, animals or activities taking place in Signal Hill.
- Each photographer can submit a maximum of 3 photos. If more than 3 are submitted, only the first 3 will be chosen, and any additional photos will not be considered. Photographers will not be eligible to win more than one prize.
- All submissions must include the name and contact information of the photographer. All photographs must be originals taken by the person submitting the photo.
- Photos must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in a digital format no larger than 4MB.
- Submission deadline is February 28, 2020. By submitting the photo, you will be agreeing to share this photo publicly with the SHCA.
Suggestions for subjects include but are not restricted to the following;
- Seasonal light displays
- Fun activities at the SHCA rink
- Mountain or City Views
- Wildlife sightings
Please, when taking photos be aware of and respectful of the privacy of others. If you are taking photos of someone, or someone else’s property please gain permission before submitting. SHCA retains the right to reject any photos are felt to be inappropriate in this manner.
There will be prizes for First, Second and Third prize winners. Prizes will be gift certificates for local Signal Hill businesses. The prizes will be posted on the SHCA.ca website. Winning photos will be selected by the Board of Directors in March 2021.
This was last year's winning submission.